I absolutely was not tagged to do this, but it looked like so much fun I thought I would give it a shot! (Stolen from Aofie at Pretty Purple Polka Dots)
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I’m a pretty big mood reader, so I just pick one that looks good and fits the mood I’m in to read. OR if I have to read one for university or a readathon, I choose that one instead!
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I used to be someone who would force myself all the way through, but nowadays I just tend to put it down if I’m not enjoying it. Having said that, if it’s a short book, I might carry on, just to see if it gets any better. Oh, and putting it down doesn’t mean that that’s it – sometimes I’ll try a book I DNF’d again in the future.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Yes normally I do! I mainly just pick short books, comics, that kind of thing, and just try to get them read! I love reading short books too so that’s an added bonus.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Eeeek, it’s so frustrating when they don’t but honestly not that big of a deal. It’s annoying when sizes don’t match as sometimes some books can only fit on certain bookshelves and when you have one hardback in a series of paperbacks… yeah, it’s frustrating!
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
My bookish bestie Natalie! Either that, or I just rant online on this here blog.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
To be honest, I just hide my face behind a tissue and cry. I’ve been known to do that!
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Hmm, not often. Maybe. I mainly just try to find a summary, or I just jump straight in with the sequel and hope for the best!
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I mostly don’t have a problem with people borrowing my books, unless it’s special (eg if it’s a signed book I’ll only lend it to people I really trust, not just anyone!). But if they did ask and I wanted to keep it… to be honest, that hasn’t happened before, so I don’t really know!
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I take a break. I’ve been in quite a few slumps lately – I’ll read maybe 5 or 6 books in that many days, and then I don’t read anything for a week or so. Afterwards, I’m always raring to go!
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
Um… far more than my bank account thanks me for, I won’t lie!
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
It depends what book it is. Sometimes, it can take a looooooong old time, but others really not that long. Right now I have actually quite a lot sat on my shelf because I’ve been really struggling to stay focused on reading lately, so just haven’t tried to be honest. I’m hoping to get to all of them (I have about 6 or so) in the next month, though.
So there is the Reader Problems Tag! I hope you enjoyed it. Here is a link to the original, which started as a YouTube video, although question 3 has been changed in the version I found!
Until the next time,