I rarely do book hauls – in fact, my last one was 2018 – but I thought I’d share with you which books I’ve bought so far in 2020 for two reasons: 1) that I’ve bought A LOT of books, and 2) because I think that some of the books I’ve bought are really cool!
Before I begin, I just want to say that I rarely buy this many books a month, so this is truly excessive. Ah well, right?!
- The Five by Halle Rubenhold – – I’ve wanted to read this for so long and just thought “screw it”!
- All Fall Down by Sally Nicholls – I’m buddy reading this one with my bestie ❤
- All the Bad Apples by Moira Fowley-Doyle – I’ve loved all of Moira Fowley-Doyle’s books and I haven’t read this one yet!
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgernstern – so hyped about this book! I think I’ll have to take a weekend and just devour it. I loved The Night Circus so I’m super excited for this.
- The Tyrant’s Tomb by Rick Riordan – apparently there is a Rick Riordan book I haven’t read?? And it’s already been out for FOUR MONTHS?!
- The Good People by Hannah Kent – Burial Rites is one of my favourite books. I hadn’t realised Hannah Kent had a new novel out.
- I Was Here by Gayle Foreman – this book is about a girl whose best friend kills herself. The same thing happened to me, so I kind of want to read it? Not sure why I bought this one really, I had a weird feeling when I read the blurb and just kind of picked it up.
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid – everyone talks about this one!
- Blood & Sugar by Laura Shepherd-Robinson – Waterstone’s Thriller of the Month, and it sounded cool – and also quite similar to my novel, so it could be helpful for me to read
- Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus – I’m trying to read more YA crime, so picked this one up
- The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy – everyone has been raving about this book! I found it in Sainsbury’s and just nabbed it
- How Do You Like Me Now? by Holly Bourne – I had a proper “single person” moment and bought a bottle of rose, a Toblerone, and this book from Sainsbury’s, and promptly devoured it in one night.
Plus, these two don’t quite fit into the category of “books I have bought that are now on my TBR”:
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Illustrated Edition by JKRowling and illustrated by Jim Kay
- Beginner’s French: 10 Short Stories for Beginners
It’s kind of weird seeing this list, because before the size of this list would’ve been the amount of books I read in a month, not bought! Anyway, I’m hoping to get to some of these ASAP, so aside from university reading, this is all I’m going to be consuming.
Have you bought any books that are the same on my list? Or read any that I haven’t got around to yet?