I’ve been reading so much already this year, and I thought I’d share with you guys what I’ve been reading! I’m thinking I might do this every week as some of you guys have commented that you loved reading these (thank you so much! <3)!
Since my last post, I read 3 books at the end of the year:
- The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie 3/5 – not as good as previous novels of Christie that I have read, and a little confusing, but still good! I probably won’t be watching the TV series, which is why I read this!
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes 3.5/5 – okay read, fairly interesting, but only one character really captured me and then I didn’t feel like he really had justice done!
- Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco 4/5 – my least favourite of the series so far – Cresswell was not done justice! But I still loved it.
I’ve read 5 (5!!) books since the start of the year, and here they are:
- Spark by Alice Broadway 3.5/5 – this one was slower than it’s first book, but I’m ready for the final book!
- A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly 3/5 – this was disappointing as I was so excited about it, but the main character, Mattie, was fantastic.
- Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian 5/5 – I absolutely loved this book! I related so much to Willie and just loved the book as a whole.
- The Librarian by Salley Vickers 4.5/5 – I kept reading for the characters of this wonderful book. They felt like real people, and that’s a mark of a great storyteller.
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie 5/5 – this was a fantastic Christie! Even though I actually knew the murderer going in (thanks, critical essays, for spoiling books), I was constantly questioning myself, and the ending was still shocking! I wish I hadn’t known but that wasn’t the book’s fault.
So here are some books I read lately! Have you read any of these? Are any on your TBR?