Yup, I’m really about to fit all of the books I bought this semester in one giant blog post! I haven’t included the books that I bought for my degree – although there were many – but just the ones I bought for pleasure, as it were.
I’m happy that I appear fairly restrained – these are all since September – but I’m going to be buying wayy less next year, as you will soon see that I have only read a couple of these, which really isn’t good enough for the amount I’m buying…!
An asterisk means that I have read it!
Little Black Classics
Natalie & I began reading a little black classic (by Penguin) every week, although we haven’t done recently as we’ve both been so busy! But anyway, there’s are the ones I bought:
- *Stancliffe’s Hotel by Charlotte Bronte
- *The Missing Girl by Shirley Jackson
- Investigations Of A Dog by Franz Kafka
All of these were bought in physical editions, but not all necessarily brand new – some were second hand!
- *The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton [review]
- Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake
- Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
- *Death in the Spotlight by Robin Stevens [review]
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
- *Dissolution by CJ Sansom
- What If It’s Us by Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli
- Heroes by Stephen Fry
- *The Road Beneath My Feet by Frank Turner [review]
- The Witch’s Journal by Selene Silverwind
- Serial Killers
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- The Librarian by Salley Vickers
I only bought one eBook, and that was…
- The Poppy War by RF Kuang
So in 3 (ish) months, I have bought 17 books – which is quite a lot, really! I really need to cut down next year!
I don’t think I’ll be buying any more books for the rest of the year apart from Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare! So that’ll make it 18 overall, or an average of 5 a month, but out of those 18, 11 are still unread which is awful! Oops.
Which book should I get to next? 😀