Turning the Page is a weekly meme hosted by yours truly. In it, I talk about what I read during the week with a Tweet-sized review, and what I’m planning on reading next week, as well as what you might’ve missed on the blog. You’re very welcome to join in if you’d like! Just make sure to link back.
This week I read…
I read two books this week, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them.
- Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi – this is the first in a new mythology series, and the first from “Rick Riordan Presents”. I loved the character of Aru, the whole plot, and the mythology, which is based on Indian mythology and contains, of course, plenty of monsters and gods! Can’t wait for book 2!
- Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia – this was such a good read! All about the internet, content creating, friendships, and anxiety and depression. I really loved the entire thing, and it was also great because it has comic illustrations throughout, which is something I would love to see more of in novels!
Next week I want to read…
I have a couple in mind…
- Friendship Fails of Emma Nash by Chloe Seager – I’m 67% through this book right now (thanks kindle!) and hopefully I’ll finish it tomorrow. I’m LOVING it so far!
- The Glass Magician by Charlie M Holmberg – I read book 1 of this series in, like, 2015, and always wanted to finish the trilogy but never did! I recently bought the last two on kindle so would love to finish the trilogy.
- The Master Magician by Charle M Holmberg – book 3 in The Paper Magician series.
On the blog…
Two posts went up this week, in case you missed them!
- I wrote about my favourite reads of the summer….
- And reviewed a book I read on holiday – Save the Date by Morgan Matson
How was your week in lit?
Happy reading! Hx