Turning the Page is a weekly meme hosted by yours truly. In it, I talk about what I read during the week with a Tweet-sized review, and what I’m planning on reading next week, as well as what you might’ve missed on the blog. You’re very welcome to join in if you’d like! Just make sure to link back.
A book blogger’s nightmare happened – I forgot to press the “publish” button! Therefore, we have TWO WEEK’S WORTH of #TurningThePage to catch up on…
Last week I read…
Last week I read 4 books! I had some lush pool days and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
- Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton – oh my GOSH I LOVE JIN AND SAM SO. FRICKIN’. MUCH. #SamDeservedBetter #ILoveHim #FightMe #IShouldveReadThisSeriesSooner #ILoveIt Ahem. (Series review coming soon.)
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli – I’ve never related to a character more in my frickin’ life. Read my full review here! This book was so fuckin predictable, but so bloody cute too. (Sorry for all the swearing. I’m excited.)
- Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes? by Holly Bourne – #triggerwarning which sent me spiralling for a couple of days but golly I loved this book. The sentiments were just… so good. Review coming.
- Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu – um hello THIS BOOK WAS AWESOME. It wasn’t as good as Moxie by Mathieu, but tbh I don’t think anything will beat that. I got this as an arc (I’m so luckyyyy) so review definitely coming soon!
You can tell I loved everything by my excessive use of caps lock.
This week I read…
I had a slower reading week, and read 1 book.
- Howards End by EM Forster – this is the third Forster novel I’ve read, and it didn’t capture my heart in the same way as A Room With A View but I still thoroughly enjoyed it, as I had expected.
Next week I want to read…
I have a really busy week lined up, so if I read anything I’ll be happy… but I’d like to get to:
- Eureka! by Peter Jones – uni’s coming up, and I should probably start hardcore researching my dissertation…!
- Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D Schmitt – I downloaded this from my library onto my phone. I’ve wanted to read it for a while.
On the blog…
- Last week I posted about some books that I think will pull you out of a reading slump if you happen to be in that unfortunate situation!
- I reviewed a book that I read and loved – Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli! So predictable… but so cute.
- I also spoke about some upcoming book releases I am so excited to get my mitts on
- And I also reviewed Howards End by EM Forster, a man who writes women surprisingly well
Next week, I will endeavour to press ‘publish’ on time and not accidentally forget to do so! I actually don’t know how it happened… whoops!
Anyway, I hope you’ve had a fantastic (two) weeks, and I’ll see y’all in the next post.
PS – I’m no longer going to be doing monthly wrap-ups and TBRs, in lieu of these posts instead. If you want to see what I read for an entire month etc., you can check out my Goodreads which I update pretty religiously!