On my Goodreads shelf, I have 7 books. Or… had. I decided to free myself from some of the 7 on my currently reading shelf, and if you have books hanging around, I urge you to do the same! I feel so much cleaner now I don’t have these books on my virtual shelf because they are on my real, too, and it’s a relief to be able to put them down – even temporarily.
The books I removed were:
- Autumn by Ali Smith – this has been on my currently reading since November 2017… yup. I was intrigued but honestly the writing style just isn’t for me. I might actually pick this up and finish it one day in the future because it was really well received by critics and I do want to know what happened… but nah.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – try two of reading this book has ended in another dnf, but this time I was a little more through. I will finish this book this year, but just not right now.
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte – I put this one down at the same time as Jane Eyre, and the reason is because my essays took over. I was actually really enjoying this book, so, like with JE, I want to pick it up again sometime this year. When, however, I don’t know.
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell – I’ve read this book like 5 or 6 times, but picked it up again because I was annotating it for a friend (we each picked favourite books of ours that the other hadn’t read and were annotating them for each other… but neither of us ever finished that endeavour, and we started it around this time last year!). I haven’t DNF’d this one, because, like I said, I’ve read it many a time, but I’ve removed it from my currently reading shelf.
So now on my TBR, I have:
- My current read. I’m actually prewriting this post, so who knows what it’ll be at this time!
- Facing Up and Facing the Frozen Ocean by Bear Grylls – I’ve read Facing Up but not Facing the Frozen Ocean. This has been on my “currently reading” shelf since February 2015 though, and at this point it’s a running joke to myself, so it’s staying.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – I was enjoying this… but didn’t finish it. I’d like to, though. Currently I’m on holiday without it however, so I don’t know when I’ll get the chance.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the books I DNF’d and ones I’ve temporarily DNF’d but hope to read in full in the future!
How many books are you currently reading? Can you ever read more than one book?!