I’m heading to Portugal for 2 weeks (starting today – as you read this, I’m actually there!) and of course I’ve brought a whole bunch of books with me… which I’d love to share with you!
- Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton – this is the third and final book in the Rebel of the Sands trilogy and I’m so excited & nervous to see how it’s going to end! Hoping that all of my favourite characters pull through…
- The Shoemaker’s Wife by Adriana Trigiani – when I was packing I saw this on the shelf and I just desperately want to reread it… this book took my heart when I first read it ages ago.
- Howard’s End by EM Forster – I’ve read two EM Forster books now, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them.
- Eureka! by Peter Jones – this is a non-fic book in little sections about Ancient Greece. It’s just some extra reading for my dissertation!
- Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu – this is an arc I picked up at yalc (read my yalc post here!) and I’m sooo excited to whizz through it!
- Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes? by Holly Bourne – I’m so excited to read this book, it’s by a favourite author of mine.
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson – I loved The Unexpected Everything, and this seems like another cutesy summery read!
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli – omg I’m so excited for this one. I really related to Leah in Simon vs (fat? questioning? wobbly in herself? yes pls) so I hope that I get along with her this time!
- A Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones #2) by George RR Martin – I read GOT 1 last year on holiday so brought the second one along this time. Maybe this’ll become a new tradition?!
9 books for 15(ish) days might seem excessive to some, but I’m thinking that there are some I’ll read in a sitting and some that’ll take a few days, so hopefully I’ll be able to get to all of these as, ICYMI, I’m super duper excited for all of them!
How many books would you take on a holiday?!