Hello all! Today I thought I would chat about my Goodreads’ currently reading shelf.
I used to be a strictly only reading-one-book-at-a-time kinda gal, but recently I noticed that my CR (currently reading) was up to 6! A shocking amount for me.
Why do I have so many? Well, if I talk you through them, it might help you to understand! The first one is one I wanted to mention first, and then the others are just the way they appear on my CR list on Goodreads.
1. The first book that I notice on my currently reading shelf is Facing Up and Facing the Frozen Ocean by Bear Grylls. Holy smokes – the first book in this bind up, Facing Up, is actually incredible.
I started reading this book in 2015 (!) and it’s become a bit of a personal running joke that it’s always on my currently reading. I’m actually kinda nervous for the day I finally finish this bind up (I read the first novel and not the second, if you were curious), because my shelf will be lonely without it!
2. Secondly, we have The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter. This is a pretty recent addition to my shelf, and I’m actually hoping to finish it today! This is one of the books I’m actually actively reading!
3. Next up, we have Bonfire by Krysten Ritter, which is a NetGalley ARC I am reading on my Kindle. I was completely drawn to this because Krysten Ritter is the actress who plays Jessica Jones in the Marvel francise, but I’m not completely hooked on her book just yet. Sadly.
4. Fourthly, we have Autumn by Ali Smith. I’m actually really enjoying this book, but I’m finding it so exhausting to read! It’s told in a kind of prose-poetry kind of way, and every time I put it down, I feel like I’ve read something incredible, but also that I want to leave it on my shelf and never touch it again.
5. Next we have the audiobook I’m listening to – War Horse by Michael Morpurgo. I’m about an hour into this audiobook, and I’m absolutely loving reliving one of my favourite stories!
6. And finally, Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. Not only is this one of my favourite books of all time, but I’m actually annotating this book for my friend as we’re doing a book swap. I’m so excited about it, and although this is slow going as I’m annotating everything, I’m taking it slow and enjoying my reread.
So there you go! I really hope you enjoyed this virtual tour of my Goodreads Currently Reading Shelf. You can add me on Goodreads, and see all these books (and notice when I eventually finish them!).
What’re you currently reading?