I have had a great week, book-wise at least! (Okay, and life-wise, but this is for book-wise.) This week was the Winter Biannual Bibliothon, and took place from the 8th – 14th January.
The Biannual Bibliothon is a readathon which takes place – you get it – biannually, once in the summer and once in the winter. It’s primarily based on YouTube and there’s a week’s worth of video challenges and there’s also 7 book challenges for you to do. Here’s what was on my TBR (and you can watch my TBR video here):
- Group book – Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalo
- Throwback – book that’s been on my TBR for over a year – The History Boys by Alan Bennett
- 2016 release – Nutshell by Ian McEwan
- Booktuber recommends – The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
- A book I was excited for but never picked up – To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- A retelling – Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- A diverse book – The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
I read 5 and a half books over this week, which is great as I’d been in a reading slump for the first week of 2017! I didn’t read Nutshell by Ian McEwan – okay, so I started it but didn’t finish it. It’s going to be a read I think I’ll need to concentrate on a lot so I don’t think a week of frantic reading, videoing and living was a good idea. However, because Heartless was published in 2016 I still covered the challenge! I also got just about half way through Stalking Jack the Ripper, which I’ll be able to finish soon and then watch the live show. 🙂
The video challenges were great fun! I managed to do all of them, so the hyperlinks below go straight to the video (although here’s the playlist if you want to see all of them and the last BIBIB I did, Summer 2016).
- Sh*t Angry Book Lovers Say – I really loved this challenge! The recording wasn’t exactly what I wanted but it was still so much fun.
- Throwback challenge – bookish makeup challenge. I’m not a makeup guru, so this makeup wasn’t the best thing in the world, but I really enjoyed doing it, and making the runes too!
- In the Life Of… – I chose to do ‘a day in the life of modern day Elizabeth Bennett’, but to be honest I didn’t do much. I wanted to go out but it was chucking it down with rain so that idea was written off! I enjoyed doing the video anyway.
- DIY as a fictional character – again, this wasn’t what I had hoped for, but I had a laugh making it anyway. Hermione Granger shows you how to make Gryffindor themed popcorn (thanks, Pinterest) and Butterbeer flavoured hot chocolate (which was actually really great).
- Character Lookbook – I think I misunderstood the purpose of this video after seeing the hosts’, but I had so much fun making it. I chose to do three characters – Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, and Cecelia Bowen.
- Poem in book titles – I called this one The Secret and had great fun making it, and overlaying it afterwards! Unfortunately, my mic on my laptop isn’t the best in the world, though.
- New Year, New Me – NYRs as a fictional character. Again, this didn’t go how I want to, but again I had fun making it! I chose to do Eleanor, from Eleanor & Park.
Overall, I’ve had a really great week. My week was actually surprisingly busy, so I am super happy with the amount of reading I got done!
Oh – and you can watch my YouTube wrap up by clicking here.
So yes the Winter Biannual Bibliothon was a great, and fun, experience. I definitely recommend it if you want to go and join in for yourself! Roll on summer, and for the next BIBIB.