Ok so this one is less of a book discussion and more a book list (but feel free to add in any recommendations/comments at the bottom, which will kind of make it a discussion!), but I’m tired and ill so… yeah.
Anyway, I hope you’ll like my recommendations, and maybe get around to reading them!
- The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum – ok so this is a classic and I didn’t say what genre I would be recommending, but I would recommend this one for anyone. It’s about escapism, really, but I guess there’re so many other themes mixed in – friendship, lies, partnerships and morals – that it’s a pretty good book.
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – this YA will quite happily break your heart. Just so ya know. And also, the cover is beautiful.
- The Little Prince by Antione de Saint-Exupery – this novella is just so adorable and strange and odd and cute and weird. Aka, read it.
- Close Range: Brokeback Mountain and Other Stories by Annie Prolux – yeah, you’ve probably heard of the title story but I can positively say that there are plenty of others in this short story collection, and I highly recommend it. I am a fan of Westerns, and both the film and book of this made me cry.
- Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys – this is the perfect book to curl up in a blanket with with a big mug of hot chocolate and a large packet of tissues to cry your eyes out to. Do it.
I know this isn’t a conventional post, but I hope I’ve given you guys some ideas of what books to read in the last two months (!!!) of 2015. Have fun, and feel free to leave any recommendations below!