So this week’s Broke and Bookish theme is one I actually think about a lot. You’ll probably see why as my list carries on.
- Continuing reading books I don’t like.
Okay so this one paid off in the latest book series I’m reading, but sometimes I just finish a book and think, “Well… that was tedious.” I’ve only DNF’d a couple of books, but I probably shouldn’t waste my reading time reading books I don’t like.
- Getting too many books out from the library.
They’re books I want to read. They’re well-kept. They’re FREE. AND I HAVE TOO MANY WHYYYYYY.
- Buying too many books.
They cost monies. I could be buying jumpers or cat toys with that money. And no I’m not talking about my cat because sHE’S LICKING ME. Eugh.
- Finding something else to read instead of the stuff on my shelves.
I’ve gotten better about this recently, but still. Authors, stop publishing books for a couple of months… taa.
- Taking forever to write up book reviews.
Seriously, there are reviews from last year I still have to write up.
- Finding loads of big, hardback books to read when I can’t cart them around.
Small paperbacks, please. Although hardbacks are GLORIOUS.
- Adding books to my TBR list on Goodreads like, all the time.
I have about 200 books on this thing.
- Starting one book and then just… stopping.
I haven’t read Bear Grylls’ since February…
- Spending more time on bookstagram than actually reading.
Although, this wonderful community has seemingly bolstered the amount I’ve read recently.
- Starting a series and not finishing.
I’m actually on the second book in a 4 book series right now, which I WILL finish by the end of the year, but I’m terrible sometimes. I’ve only read the first of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
So, what are your bad bookish habits? Let me know! Do you have any of mine? …probably. Readers have terrible habits sometimes…