First of all – apologies for not posting, I had no internet, then a bit of a hard time trying out new contact lenses. Sorry!
Anyway, Paper, Pen and No Plan sort of nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award (sort of = she nominated all of her readers). And because I thought it would be a fun thing to do, I decided to do it! 😄
So, 11 random facts about myself:
- According to old school reports, I have been writing for about a decade.
- I, hopefully, am just about to start wearing contact lenses. 😀
- I love Teen Wolf, an American TV show. Peter Hale is my favourite character, and I am currently writing a long fic about it.
- When I’m older, I’d really like to travel the world.
- I want to write for a living, journalism, screenplay, short stories, hell, even books! I don’t mind, as long as I’m writing.
- I’d love to be an artist, and I’m trying really hard with my drawing. :3
- 7 and 13 are my lucky numbers. Especially 713!
- If there was a competition for procrastination, I would win. I’m doing this instead of writing!
- My new TV love is Death in Paradise.
- For me, nothing is better than a walk with my dog.
- Mum always goes against it, but I really don’t think I’m a very interesting person – as you can probably see from these random facts!
And here are the 11 questions, with answers (obviously):
- What book has most inspired your writing?
Hmm, I don’t know… As a kid, I really loved Mallory Towers, so I guess that got me reading. I remember really wanting to be like JK Rowling…so Harry Potter? A lot of books have inspired me, though, I get different aspects from different books – for example, Rick Riordan makes me want to put more humour into my work.
- How do you arrange the books on your bookshelf?
Brilliant question. My bottom shelf is big books, mainly reference and picture books (I may be 15, but I still love picture books ok?). One up from that has my Harry Potter books, Doctor Who books and two Merlin books. Up from that has fictional horse books, and reference books, like ‘The Boys’ Handbook’. Yes, I’m a girl. And then, the top three are fiction books, in no particular order yet, although I have series books grouped together, like Sherlock Holmes books etc.
- Do you have a writing playlist?
Not yet, but I have various songs for different characters. I might get one in the future.
- Which holidays are your least favourite?
Ones where I am expected to do things I don’t want to do. Like revise, which is what I should be doing right now.
- Do you use outlines while writing?
I don’t normally, but I am for my latest novel. For short stories, I tend to just write and hope. I normally have a basic idea of where I want the story to go, though.
- What would your ideal writing desk look like?
Ooh, paper tucked in the corners, but a space big enough for my laptop. Gloves on the side. Maybe a few ornaments, pictures, a music player…
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be? Why?
Being able to stay awake would be a good one, because there aren’t enough hours in the day. Or ability to move things with my mind, so I can say ‘Accio X’ and it would actually come to me. Or reading thoughts (telekinesis?), cause that would just be cool.
- Do you have a theme song?
Um, I don’t think so… if I did, it would probably be the Benny and Hill theme tune or something.
- How do you come up with the titles for your work?
I don’t know really. Just think up something, it comes randomly.
- Have you picked out the actors who would play your characters in a movie version of your book?
Haha, no, not yet, but I am planning on it! I have actors who I would want to be in the film, but whether or not they’d fit remains to be seen.
- Which is better, the book or the movie?
I have a feeling that this is a trick question, but for me, it depends on what it is. 😉
Nominations! I don’t know if I follow 11 writing blogs, but here are the ones I could get (I have 10, can that count? I nominate readers, too!). And, can I also point out, most of these people have over 200 followers…sorry, but I tend to break the rules:
- Fanfiction Fridays (after the hiatus is finished!)
- More Than One Page
- The Writer’s Walk
- One Writer, Many Heads
- Sophie Bowns
- The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shh!
- YA Scribbles and Scoops
And here is the list of questions, should you choose to accept them…
- How long have you been writing?
- What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time (besides read and write!)?
- Favourite piece of life advice?
- What is your biggest fear? Have you ever tried to overcome it?
- How do you find inspiration?
- If you could pick any person to be banned from this planet, who would it be?
- What are your lucky numbers, and how much significance to they hold for you?
- If you could pick any spacey thing and name it, what would it be and what would you name it (eg: Comet – Hayley’s)?
- What’s your favourite word?
- How many nuns could a nunchuck chuck if a nunchuck could chuck nuns? Alternative: How many bears could Bear Grylls grill, if Bear Grylls could grill bears?
- If you stumbled upon some fanfiction of a piece of your work, would you read it?
Thanks for reading, guys! 🙂