You know how it is. You’re sat in front of a computer screen, blank page in front of you, and you can’t think of a word to write. So, what do you do?
Answer: I have no idea, but here are a few options.
- Go and write something else, something completely different. Before I started writing this post, I had no idea what I was doing for my story. So I started writing this instead, and I’m hoping it will work when I go back to it.
- Go do something completely different. Take a bath, go for a walk, do a few cartwheels, do a backflip. Take your mind off writing, thinking about writing or talking about writing. Clear your head.
- I’m not entirely sure what three is.
- Go listen to some music.
- Watch a funny video. ‘I can make you laugh in 3 seconds’ with the Labrador is a brilliant one.
- Jump around a bit.
- Go to the loo. It works wonders.
- Have something to eat.
- Watch a TV show. I recommend Teen Wolf, Doctor Who, Atlantis, Merlin or Miranda.
- Watch a film. Like Harry Potter, or Nativity, or Avengers Assemble, or Star Trek.
- Read something. Like Harry Potter, or Heartland or see my post about 7 books I think you should read.
- Make stupid lists, like this one.
- I don’t have a number 13, but it’s my lucky number so I wanted to get there.
Hope those helped.
Oh, and if anyone can actually tell me what the song was that the title is based off of, I will love you, because I wrote it thinking it was about a song; I just can’t remember what song it is…